Requesting Waitlist/Tour Information
If you think that Sand Tots would be a good fit for your family, we would be happy to answer any questions or help you arrange a tour of our school. Families of prospective students are strongly encouraged to tour the school prior to applying. Please also keep these things in mind:
- Tours are for parents only; please arrange for childcare prior to the tour.
- Please make sure you have a tour date confirmation before arriving; tours are scheduled on a space available basis only.
If you would like to schedule a tour, please visit our Contact page and submit an inquiry.
Please note that you may waitlist your child prior to or after taking a tour of Sand Tots by filling out the General Wait List Application
New students can apply for admission to Sand Tots by completing a wait list application (click on the appropriate link below) and submitting it, along with the $40 application fee, to the Membership Board Member.
A waiting list will be utilized according to the date each application was received. Currently enrolled students have priority over incoming alumni, siblings and new students. However, current members of Sand Tots who wish to enroll a sibling have enrollment priority over alumni and outside applicants during spring enrollment for the subsequent school year. Alumni members have the next priority before outside applicants are contacted. Children of current and former Sand Tots Teachers on the wait list are considered alumni. This priority is revoked when spring enrollment is opened to outside applicants. Each child, including siblings, must have submitted a wait list application with a $40 fee.
In order to offer the complete Sand Tots experience to as many families as possible, we strongly discourage families from enrolling in our 2/3’s program if they are not committed to continuing in our school for the subsequent pre-school years. While we understand that unforeseen circumstances may necessitate change, Sand Tots reserves the right to utilize this information when considering enrollment of future siblings.
Sand Tots registration begins in February prior to the following school year. If you are offered enrollment at Sand Tots you will be contacted by our Membership Chairperson and will have 48 hours to respond. After two days, your space will be offered to the following name on the wait list. The enrollment process can last late into the summer preceding the school year.
For additional information please Contact Us.
Fees and Deposits
A Liability Insurance fee, a Building & Maintenance fee and a Security Deposit are required each year.
- The Liability Insurance fee is $50 per child. The Building & Maintenance fee is $100 per family. These fees plus the first month’s tuition are payable at time of registration, and are non-refundable if a student withdraws after August 1st.
- The Security Deposit is $500 for the first child and $250 for second child. It is payable at enrollment and is not to be used for tuition at any time. This deposit is transferable between siblings and may be rolled over to the next school year for continuing students.
The Security Deposit is non-refundable if a member withdraws from Sand Tots prior to graduating from the 4/5 year-old-program. The enrollment date for returning members is the date on which your Registration Form and Executed Membership Agreement are due during Spring Registration and, for new members, the date on which your Executed Membership Agreement and Security Deposit are due pursuant to written notification from the Membership Board Member.
If you choose to withdraw one of two enrolled children before completing the 4/5 year old program, you will forfeit $500 for the withdrawn child, and will need to pay an additional $250 to keep the remaining child enrolled.
The Security Deposit is fully refundable:
- In the event the class in which a member’s child has been enrolled is, for any reason, canceled.
- Outstanding fees and/or fines will be deducted each year from any refundable deposit.
Sand Tots admits the students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Sand Tots does not discriminate on the basis of race in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.